Ending the first phase 2008 – 2013, Vietnam has witnessed a wave of M&A, recognized as the first wave. The first wave took place in the context of fluctuations in the stock market, the efforts of enterprises to restructure and survive the global crisis. During this period, M&A in Vietnam grew five-fold from US $ 1 billion to $ 5 billion.
Starting in 2014, the market began to pick up the new wave, known as the second wave occurred in 5 years from 2014 to 2018: the commitment of equitization of large state-owned enterprises; the rise of the private sector companies, the interest of foreign capital flows for investment opportunities and M&A activities in Vietnam.
In 2015, after a year starting in the new wave, the business began to have specific strategies. For domestic enterprises namely “Countdown to the next market boom”. Analysts pointed out that if we do not attract foreign investment, the equitization plans of state enterprises in Vietnam will face many difficulties. Therefore, finding funds are particularly important problem. Within each business, attracting capital and gathering resources for M&A are also very important, only a handful of businesses have performed well such as Masan, Pan Pacific. Besides finding the capital, choose the opportunity to now the focus will be discussed in the forum of this M&A in 2015. In this stage, potential M&A opportunities in Vietnam are huge: Opportunities from the company are in demand selling to restructure; program opportunities from equitization of State Enterprises. However, among the number of potential opportunities, only a few of them that can bring great value to the business.
Forum M&A Vietnam 2015 will take the time to assess the trend of M&A in the vibrant sector today such as banks – financial, food and FMCG, technology and commerce, ecommerce. Besides, the issues of strategy and M&A techniques will also be discussed and shared like boom growth strategy Breakthrough, valuation in M&A.
In the framework of the Vietnam M&A Forum 2015 will be held with key activities include: Exhibition and Promotion of Investment, voting typical M&A deals and Banquet-Gala Dinner in GEM Center, HCMC 06/08/2015.
For Ticket, please click HERE
Speakers and Panel at this year Vietnam M&A forum are Policy Makers, M&A Experts from all areas related to M&A. Especially, Mr. Hong Bui, Co-head of M&A practice from LNT & Partners will join the Panel in session 1: Policy Dialogue. With his intensive experience in handling legal side of M&A deals, he’ll definitely bring interesting points of view to the discussion.
Agenda | VIETNAM M&A FORUM 2015
MORNING SESSION DEALMAKERS PRIVATE MEETING
Time: 9h00 – 12h00
13:00- 14:00 Register
14:00- 14:30 Opening session – Welcome Speech: Dr. Nguyen Anh Tuan – Vietnam Investment’s Editor-in-Chief, Head of the Organizing Committee of the Vietnam M&A Forum 2015. – Speech by Vice Minister, Ministry of Planning & Investment.
14:30- 15:30 TOPIC 1: POLICY DIALOGUE
– Policy changes in recent time: New Amendment to the Investment Law and Law on Enterprise which will come into effect soon on 1 July 2015; and the Government’s policy to open room for foreign investors in many sectors. These issues will hold great interest from investment companies in Vietnam and at abroad and will be raised on the Forum this year.
- Mr. Vu Bang – President, The State Securities Commission Of Vietnam (or Mr. Nguyen Thanh Long – Vice President)
- Mr Nguyen Huu Nghia, Chief Supervisor of the SBV
- Mr Dang Quyet Tien,Deputy Head of Corporate Finance – Ministry of Finance
- Mr Phan Duc Hieu, Head of Business Environment and Competitiveness Department, CIEM
- Mr. Seck Yee Chung, Partner, Baker & Mckenzie
- Representative from Deloitte Vietnam
- Mr. Bui Ngoc Hong, Partner, LNT & Partners
- Dr. Nguyen Anh Tuan (Vietnam Investment Review’s Editor-in-chief, Moderator)
15:30 – 16:00 Networking Break
16:00 – 17:15: TOPIC 2: PROSPECT OF NEW CAPITAL FLOW AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE M&A MARKET BOOM
– Looking back on the movement of M&A capital flows into Vietnam for the last time and assess future prospect. – Regarding the recent policy changes (opening room, relaxing business conditions in the New Investment Law and the Lawon Enterprise…), is there a possibility for M&A market boom in Vietnam in the following time? Evaluation of the M&A capital inflows from Japan, South Korea, Thailand, other ASEAN countries, the US and Europe?
– Assessment of opportunities of the equitization progress when the Vietnamese government decided to open room andstrongly promote the divestment in new sectors such as seaports, airports, large-scale state-owned enterprises. What are the quality deals for international investors?
- Mr. John Ditty, Chairman, KPMG Vietnam
- Mr.Masataka “Sam” Yoshida, Senior Managing Director, RECOF Corporation
- Mr. Paul DiGiacomo, Managing Director, BDA Partner HongKong
- Mr. Nguyen Vinh Tran, General Director of Jen Capital
- Mr. Nhu Đinh Hoa, General Director, BVSC
- Ms.Dang Pham Minh Loan, Deputy Managing Director, VinaCapital (Coordinator).
17:15– 18:30 TOPIC3: M&A EXPERIENCES AND STRATEGIES IN VIETNAM
– Sharing experience from successful deals in Vietnam.
– What is strategy to develop the company and expand market in Vietnam.
– Experience on how to optimize the selling and buying business
– Experience on negotiating with foreign partners
– Build and Develop business for sale, a new trend and business opportunity for Vietnamese enterprises.
- Mr. Stephane Gripon, Director of Mondelez Kinh Do
- Mr. Chu Chee Kwang, General Manager of Nam Long Ltd, Co
- Mr. Katsumi Mizuno, Director, General Manager, Overseas Business Division, Business Planning Dept., Credit Saison
- Mr Johan Nyvene, CEO HSC
- Mr Le Kim Hoa, Vice CEO, BIDV
- Representative from the company which has been involved in the M&A deal in Vietnam
- Dr. Nguyen Cong Ai, Deputy General Manager of KPMG Vietnam (Moderator)
18:30- 19:00 Cocktail & Networking
19:00 – 21.00 Gala Dinner & Deal Awards
For Ticket, please click HERE